What is College and Career Transitions?
College and Career Transitions (CCTC) helps make connections between high school, college, business and industry. College and Career Transitions Coordinators work to enhance the knowledge level about career and technical education opportunities available to secondary students at the postsecondary level through communication of career awareness, dual enrollment, articulation, professional development, and collaboration.
Have you ever sat in class and wondered...
- "What am I doing here?"
- "Will I ever use this stuff on the job?"
CCTC has the answer to these Questions!
In cooperation and collaboration with regional, state, and local entities College and Career Transitions Coordinators
- Assist in promoting linkages between secondary and postsecondary career and technical education programs
- Place a greater emphasis on career guidance and development
- Provide opportunities for students to obtain knowledge of high-skill, high wage, high demand occupations
- Facilitate professional development opportunities for career and technical education teachers, postsecondary faculty, and counselors related to Career and Technical Education
- Facilitate increased information sharing to counselors, teachers, students, and parents regarding opportunities at the postsecondary level
- Enhance and build partnerships with business and industry to support the development of programs of study in high-wage, high-skill, and high demand occupations
- Increase the number of high school students dually enrolled in technical training courses
- Increase career and technical education enrollment at the postsecondary level
- Better informed students, counselors, teachers, faculty, and staff regarding career and technical education opportunities and articulation
- More involvement of business and industry in the development of high-skill, high-wage, and high-dema nd programs of study.
|High School Articulation||High School Dual Enrollment|
|Student Information Center||Parent Information Center|
|6th Annual Transition Conference
Paul A. Bourgeois, Jr.
College and Career Transitions Coordinator
Acadiana Technical College
Phone: (337) 892- 9778
South Louisiana Community College
Chrissie H. Broussard
Gulf Area Campus
Phone: (337) 892- 9778